We are at that time again where the game progression begins anew. WoD has been a tough tier for the guild as a whole. Raid attendance has been less than stellar, some guild mates left the guild, and others have had real life issues either keeping them from raiding entirely or drastically affecting their attendance. The remaining members have struggled as a whole to learn the mechanics of simple boss encounters as a team and progression has all but halted. Wipe counts have been climbing higher and higher, while item levels have not.
Many of you are doing really well on a personal level. Dailies are being done, farming mats for gear and upgrades is being done, and we are mostly helping our fellow guild members out in their needs for heroic runs or assistance with gear upgrades. We are very appreciative of the individual hard work that we see so many of you doing. This is the true spirit of what a guild should be.
That said, we have much to work on as a team. And we either thrive as a team or die as individuals. Raid awareness needs a lot of work. Individual study of class/spec needs work (ourselves very much included). Mechanics of boss encounters need a ton more study. We need to all be capable of heeding boss mods ( DBM/Big Wigs) and taking the appropriate measures to defeat the mechanic. Many of us have become complacent and wait for call outs to instruct us to move out of something, or where to stand, and this detracts us from our roles (tanking and leading the raid). Simply put, we are failing as a team.
With the status-quo as is, the leadership group (Harb and officers) are suggesting a few changes for the up coming patch.
1. A new raider rank awarded to those showing dedication in the following ways: attendance, personal improvement in gear (crafted, rep, dungeon, etc) and preparation for raid ( studying fights, bringing flasks/food to raid ). You may see some rank changes taking place with guild ranks being worked over in the new week.
2. Rewarding that rank with loot priority and repairs paid by the guild.
3. Rewarding the raider rank with a bonus to each roll for gear. ( for example, adding 10-15 to each /roll for gear, increasing odds for winning the loot. This is subject to Loot council.
4. Penalizing those who show up late or don't show up at all with a minus to their rolls (without first letting leadership know)
5. We will post encounter videos and tips for each upcoming progression fight. Please reply to the threads indicating you've studied the material or with any questions/suggestions you may have.
To get Legion off on the right foot, we need your help. Several raiders will be contacted to find out what you want your main to be and/or ask you to change your main class/spec ( those having more than one). Our focus will be our main raid team (20 for Mythic) and alt runs will ONLY occur if we have main content on farm or if we have spare time to host such events.
A few housekeeping rules and reminders:
1. Please show up no later than 10 minutes before raid time. First trash will be pulled at the time raid starts. Invites will go out 15 minutes prior to this.
2. Please sign up in calendar 24 hours in advance at a minimum (1 week if possible).
3. When signing up for a raid please sign up for both days if you are available. Other runs will become available with new members.
4. Please inform an officer if you will be unable to attend a scheduled raid. The earlier the better so a replacement can be found. Those alerting an officer at least 24 hours prior to raid will not be penalized for not showing up.
Here's to a great Legion patch progression experience, may we all kill many bosses and see the progression for all ( and get some shiny purples and oranges )
Guild leadership group